This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
in Consumer Law Contracts Law
Asked October 13, 2017

Acquire billing details from a Hotel

  • 1 Answer

Hi, My brother in law has filed a separation notice against my sister after she exposed him of having an illicit affair with a friend. I have one verified information of them staying in a hotel in Mumbai on pretext of exam. How can I approach the Hotel Management to provide the bill and chheck-in proof of both so as to frame our defense in court and prove him guilty? Religion- Hindu

Answer 1

The Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 (“Code”), is applicable to proceedings under Hindu Marriage Act. Under the Code, Order XVI Rule 6 allows the Court to summon third parties to produce documents. Thus, once the suit starts, you may approach the Court with an application praying for the production of the bill and check-in proof.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.