This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
in Criminal Law
Asked October 08, 2017

Adult couple willing to live together

  • 1 Answer

Sir me and my gf want to marry with each other we both are18+ but her family is against us. We no that we cant marry till I turn 21. She wants to live with me because she is not happy with her family specially with her brother. soo sir what we can do

Answer 1

Sir, the concept of living relationships has not gained statutory recognition in India. However there are several judgements which have been ruled, in favour of recognising the rights of parties to a living relationship. Further, since both parties are above 18 years old, they are adults as per the Indian laws. Hence two consenting individuals have the right to reside with each other.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.