This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
Bhagi Ram
in Agricultural Law Civil Law
Asked November 02, 2017

Agricultural issue

  • 1 Answer

Teh-Ellenabad, DISTT- sirsa, Haryana We are cultivator of gair marusi agriculture land since 50-60 years. My grand parents were old kashtkaar of this land in jamabandi records .Now in jamabandi nakal kasht kaar name is ManiRam who is my father. Who died in 2009. Now we are cultivating the Details are - owner name- tk singh, Kashtkaar name- MANI RAM, LAGAAN 10 PAISA FEE KANALSAALTAMAAM, GAIR MARUSI . 1. Can the owner sell this land to any other party 2. Can any other person who buy take possession of the land as cultivator and evict us 3. what is the solution of those who are cultivator of gair marusi?

Answer 1

Since yourself and your family members that is forefathers are in continous possession of land for more than 30 years as such your family members got title to the land by way of adverse possession. Even otherwise your family is a recognised tenant under relevant provisions of Tenancy Act of your State. The owner cannot sell the property and the purchaser cannot evict you from the land without due course of Law. In the mean while it is advisable to you to issue a legal notice to the owner not to alienate/transfer the property in favour of any third person. There after you are further advised to file a formal suit against the owner for a relief of permanent injunction.

Draft petition/legal notice will be prepared by me on payment of professional nominal fees, you may approach managament of this website for further details.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.