This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
in Civil Law Criminal Law
Asked August 23, 2017

Arrested for drinking in public place and its effect on government job

  • 1 Answer

I was arrested for drinking in public place. They released me after 1 hour by signing pr bond and take fine . Now I am going to get a govt job and need police verification certificate from superintendent of police . Is there any problem?

Answer 1

Government jobs generally bar employment of indivduals agianst whom criminal cases are contemplated or are pending. However, an acquitted individual or one who has served his term or punishmnet is considered to be innocent and cannot be barred from employment.

Every organization has its own set of Conduct, Discipline and Appeal Rules (CDA Rules), which lays down the procedure of recruitment. The application clearly signifies the essential criteria for recruitment and the grounds of refusing recruitment. It is advisable that you go through the CDA Rules of the above mentioned job, to ensrue that no complexities arise. As stated by you, since you have already paid the fine and have been released, no case stands pending against you and hence, you shall not be denied job on the ground of criminal proceedings. Thus, there shall not, in most probability, be any legal problem as to your recruitment. However, employment is a private affair of an organisation and the final decision lies with the employer.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.