This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
Chandrashekar M S
in Civil Law Criminal Law
Asked October 12, 2017

B khhaata in name

  • 2 Answers

I have a site in bbmp limits and it is registered and I have encumbrence, but some else did bahi khatha on his name how can I get b khatha in my name?

Answers 2




Dear Sir/madam,

You need to present your case in front of the district collectorate, showing him/her – the registered deed in your favour.

Aslo, you can approach the civil court and file a “Declaration for title suit” – to establish your permanent claim and possession over the said property.

Simultaneaoulsy a criminal proceeding and F.I.R can be initiated against him/her under Section 420[1]  of The Indian Penal Code which talks about Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property.


[1] Whoever cheats and thereby dishonestly induces the person de­ceived to deliver any property to any person, or to make, alter or destroy the whole or any part of a valuable security, or anything which is signed or sealed, and which is capable of being converted into a valuable security, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to seven years, and shall also be liable to fine.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

You can go to the Sub-Registrars office with your registered document and get the bahi khata rectified in your name. it may so happen that it is an inadvertent error by the sub-registrar that can be rectified. also please note that your registered title document is the ultimate proof of your ownership not the bahi khata.

Agree Comment 1 Agree over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.