This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
in Criminal Law Family Law
Asked August 31, 2017

boyfriend cheated with promise of marriage

  • 2 Answers

I am cheated by a boy who had promised to marry me. I have an affair with him for 1 year. What I have to do?

Answers 2

Respected Madam

You can File the Case of Cheating and Rape Against Him.

Better Advice can be given you only after having detail discussion with you., as there are many possibilities.

It is Always Better if you are clear about your Location while putting the Query.

For further discussion & information about your case feel free to Contact on

 Nine Two Seven Eight Four Five Seven Eight Two Two/Nine One Three Six One nine seven Nine Nine Two

Adv.Shuchi Agarwal

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

You can file an FIR against the boy under section 154 of CrPc 1973 and get him booked for cheating you. If you have had physical relations with him without your consent or if you can prove that since beginning he was in relationship with you and giving you false promise of marriage just to have physical relations then you can also file case of rape against him.

Relevant sections are provided below:


420. Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property.—Whoever cheats and thereby dishonestly induces the person de­ceived to deliver any property to any person, or to make, alter or destroy the whole or any part of a valuable security, or anything which is signed or sealed, and which is capable of being converted into a valuable security, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to seven years, and shall also be liable to fine.



Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.