This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
Shishir Namdeo
in Civil Law
Asked June 21, 2017

Change of name in caste certificate

  • 1 Answer

How can I change my name in caste certificate?

Answer 1

Name in the Panchayat register is considered to be the official name of a person. You can change this name by following three simple steps:

I.  Affidavit with the notary and pro bono declaration;

II. Newspaper publication; and

III. Gazette notification (compulsory for government servants).

After officially changing your name in the register you can update your old documents, including your caste certificate, by producing a copy of your name change certificate.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.