This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
Ashish Gupta
in Civil Law Insurance Law
Asked May 23, 2017

Change of name in LIC document

  • 2 Answers

I have a LIC policy issued in my name at the age of 15. Name in the policy is Ashish Aggarwal. However, my name in all other documents is Ashish Gupta. How can I get the name in LIC policy changed.? My age now is 30

Answers 2




Dear Sir/madam,


Changing name in the LIC records is not that difficult a task as it seems. You can approach the LIC office of your contact and submit certain ID proof documents those which confirm the change or the updated name. A Copy of the address proof can also be submitted. The copies to be submitted can be of attested nature. Also, an affidavit on oath can also be submitted - stating that my real name is so and so and I have never intended to confuse LIC by mentioning Ashish Aggarwal as the name (because its been 15 years that you should have used to rectify such a mistake).

Thereafter, LIC charges a nominal fee for causing such alterations in the policy documents called Quotation fees.


Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

You were a minor at that time. Now approach the the LIC office and fill in the necessary documents and give proof for for your real name and get it changed orelse get a direction from Civil Court/High Court.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.