Asked March 01, 2017

Changing name in Caste Certificate

  • 1 Answer

Sir,My name is Ankur Kapoor. I belong to ST category but certificate issued to me have only my first name i.e. Ankur (because in Panchayat register my name is Ankur only). But in my all educational certificates and degrees my name is Ankur Kapoor. Please suggest way to change name in Panchayat register so that my ST certificate name matches with my educational certificates name and there is no problem in getting reservation claims.

Answer 1

Name in the Panchayat register is considered to be the official name of a person. You can change this name by following three simple steps:

  • Affidavit with the notary and pro bono declaration
  • Newspaper publication; and
  • Gazette notification (compulsory for government servants).
  • After officially changing your name in the register you can update your old documents, including your SC certificate, by producing a copy of your name change certificate.

    Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

    Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

    Directory ads
    Need to talk to a lawyer?

    Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.