This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
in Criminal Law
Asked June 01, 2017

Charge of kidnapping against boyfriend

  • 1 Answer

My neighbour's daughter has ran away with her boyfriend. Her parents want to file a complaint of kidnapping against that boyfriend. She was just 1 month away from turning 18 years. Can we file that case?

Answer 1

Default avatar

Kidnapping as name suggests is of 'kid' which is below 18 years in case of female. There are cases which suggest that a girl who is almost 18 years and who has voluntarily ran away without any enticement from the boyfriend cannot be said to be kidnapped. So in this case technically case can be filed as she is still below 18 years. Kidnapping is discussed in section 361 of Indian Penal Code 1860.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.