This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
in Criminal Law
Asked October 30, 2017

Cheated by Bhishi owner

  • 2 Answers

I am cheated by a Bhishi owner for 1.25 lac. I have proof of whatsapp group of Bhishi created by owner and call recording. I complained in police staion but they say it is a civil matter and go to court. Please advice me what action I can take.

Answers 2

You can take two parallel actions one by filing private complaint for cheating and as police refuse register the case. Secondly you may file a Civil Suit for a recovery of said amount with interest and damages.

Draft petition/legal notice will be prepared by me on payment of professional nominal fees, you may approach managament of this website for further details. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

If you wish to go for civil remedy then send a legal notice whereas if you wish to adopt criminal remedy then file a complaint under section 415, 420 of IPC, 1860.

Section 415. Cheating.—Whoever, by deceiving any person, fraudulently or dishonestly induces the person so deceived to deliver any proper­ty to any person, or to consent that any person shall retain any property, or intentionally induces the person so deceived to do or omit to do anything which he would not do or omit if he were not so deceived, and which act or omission causes or is likely to cause damage or harm to that person in body, mind, reputation or property, is said to “cheat”. Explanation.—A dishonest concealment of facts is a deception within the meaning of this section.


Section 420. Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property.—Whoever cheats and thereby dishonestly induces the person de­ceived to deliver any property to any person, or to make, alter or destroy the whole or any part of a valuable security, or anything which is signed or sealed, and which is capable of being converted into a valuable security, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to seven years, and shall also be liable to fine.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.