Asked March 17, 2017

Cheated by finance company

  • 1 Answer

I was offered loan from TRIPLA FINANCE LTD JAIPUR on 10th of March. They asked me to deposit Rs1350,Rs80000,Rs89000,and Rs50000/ totally I transferred Rs2.6lacs. They told each time that they will transfer Rs2500000/-,but now they are telling to deposit again Rs2.5lacs. Now when I said no they are saying that I should deposit are they will not transfer the loan or my Rs 2.6lacs which I paid. I have their phone no,address and sanction letter. Even I have WhatsApp detail .Now how can I recover my deposit?

Answer 1

Sir, the when you signed the loan agreement with the bank that became a valid contract. If what you have stated is the correct contents of the contract the bank can he held liable for breach of contract. At this juncture, you can either ask bank to follow through with the transaction and give you loan amount by filing a suit for breach of contract, or you can terminate the contract and seek damages for breach.

The above is the civil recourse available to you, however if you want to take a criminal approach you can file an FIR with your nearest Police Station under section 420 of the Indian Penal Code which talks about cheating. Cheating is when a person has deceitfully taken some property from another with the promise of returns and wilfully defaults it. The bank has taken money from you with the promise of loan but have defaulted, thus this crime perfectly fits under section 420 of IPC. Use the sanction letter as evidence to make your case strong.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.