This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
Vishnu N
in Administrative Law
Asked August 06, 2017

College retaining official documents of the students

  • 2 Answers

I have finished my UG and have joined 3years LLB course in a law college in Bangalore which is affiliated to Karnataka Law college Hubli. During admission I have submitted all marks card(10, 12, degree) after college started I waited for returning of my certificates so I approached the college so they said TILL I PAY MY FULL COURSE FEES that is 3 years fees they can’t return my certificates. Is it legal for them to keep it. I asked for various reason like I want go for passport office, License they said they can provide 10th marks card within few days I should return it back. Now I’m in 2nd year gave another try after paying my 2year fee still they said need to pay 3rd year fee if you want the certificates. Is there any rule in law colleges something like that which is affiliated to some university, because when I asked the management regarding this they said it’s a affiliated college after paying 3rd year fee then only we can give back your certificate that’s the rules

Answers 2

if you were not appraiised of the terms and conditions that said about 3 years fees ought to be paid if u seek admission and got admission, obviously it has not been done by the college, u can file FIR against the college u/s 420 of IPC and misaapropriation of yr certificates.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

You must examine the rules and regulations governning the admission process of you rcollege clearly. In case there is no rule regarding retention of original certificates, you have the freedom to file a writ petition against the college in case it is a government college. As seen in AND

In case of a private college, make sure you have sent applications to the relevant authority requesting the release and in case there is no response, you can file a FIR also. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.