This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
in Criminal Law Procedural Law
Asked June 25, 2017

Complainant's role in Bail Application

  • 3 Answers

I have registered FIR for cheating against one person .the accused person is habitual offender in other crime. The local kurla court has rejected his bail application .accused is likely to file bail plea in session court. .Police is yet to file chargesheet.I have following questions (1) Is there any process in law where I as complainant can lodge bail cancellation in session court before accused files bail plea (2) criminal proceedings will be going on in kurla court however how do I recover my money .Can I file recovery suit before charge sheet or if I can file plea to attach the accused property. Please help me with solutions

Answers 3

Answer to your question 

1) Bail cancellation under 439 (2) crpc requires a bail to have Bern granted by a lower court or in 437 (5) by the same court. So u will have to wait until he applies in sessions where u will be allowed to intervene with an application. If he gets bail then u can approach high court for cancellation

2) Attaching property of accused is prerogative of magistrate and its for purpose of investigation / trial and not for recovery. You can definitely file a suit for recovery but I recommend wait for bail application in sessions .. where u should intervene as at that time most accused agree to settle the matter.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 4 years ago

Engage a lawyer to appear as an intervenor on your behalf.  File a money suit before the competent court.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 4 years ago

Unless there is decision on  bail application in Sessions Court, you have to wait, then you may challenge the said decision in High Court.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.