This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
in Civil Law
Asked October 25, 2017

Construction permission

  • 1 Answer

Hello, we are applied for building permission in May 2016, when the procedure is manual, and paid full amount, due to some court order permissions are banned in our layout for certain time, from 2017 March onwards getting permissions in that layout. when we visit the GHMC office they said file got misplaced, meanwhile you can construct once we get the file we can give permission. We started construction 2 slabs completed, concern officers are changed now, new officer is saying you are constructed without taking permission, this is unauthorized construction. stop the construction immediately, now they are saying I am not going to get permission because construction already started. They sent notice also, please advice me.

Answer 1

Do you have any proof of the officers allowing you to continue construction? if yes, then you can file a case against GHMC relying on the principle of estoppel, which basically suggests that when a person A represents somethings, on which representation person B relies and changes his position, then person A cannot go back on the representation. However, alternatively, is it possible for you to get in touch with the previous officers, in order to resolve this without court intervention? If yes, you can just request the previous officers to explain their position to the new officers.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.