This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
Amalendu Chakraborty
in Property Law
Asked December 27, 2017

Conversion of leasehold property to freehold property

  • 1 Answer

My grandfather has received 99yrs lease deed in 1983. In 1985 my grandfather passed away. My grandfather have 3sons. Except my father, my 2uncle was separate in on about 40yrs ago. They have stayed in their own house in their name. My father paid all the municipal tax, electricity, water bill etc. My both the uncle has no bother about the condition of the grandfather house. We only stayed that house. My question is that my father can be claim to govt to convert leasehold property to freehold property???

Answer 1

no, lease property cannot convert into freehold property, only renewal option is available after expiry of the lease period.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.