Asked April 28, 2017

Criminal Offence

  • 1 Answer

Someone filed a case of theft against me and alleging that I committed that act 20 years ago. What do I do ?

Answer 1

You can challenge the delay in filing the complaint as it is generally considered that if a person is aware about a criminal activity then he must complain about it as soon as possible. Even then, you must gear yourself to fight the matter as the Court may allow the matter if he can justify the delay to the satisfaction of the Court. Kindly contact a lawyer to prepare your defence as soon as possible.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.