This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
Rajib Achatya
in Cyber Law Criminal Law
Asked May 19, 2017

Cyber Crime

  • 1 Answer

Can I file FIR with local Police Station which does not have a cyber crime cell about cyber crime? I need legal help.I can spend Rs.3600/month as legal expenditures.

Answer 1

If the local police station does not have a cyber cell, it is generally the case that an officer in each police station will be trained on the basics of cyber crime. Thus, such a police officer can register an FIR when the complaint is reported at the station and the case can then be transferred to the Cyber Crime Police Station/Investigation Cell (CCIC) of the city. Each city/district has its own Cyber Crime Police Station/Investigation Cell.


Research by - Anina D'Cunha 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.