This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
Shankar K
in Banking Law Administrative Law
Asked July 08, 2017

Default by Bank in payment of subsidy

  • 1 Answer

My bank failed to file subsidy claim in the given time and postponed it to next year. Govt reimbursed only 30% because of late submission. Thereby i lost 60K. I raised complaint in banking ombudsman. Bank gave false statement to ombudsman and closed the case saying that all the amounts are credited. Please help me to proceed further. 60k(48K Principle & 12K interest). Bank is now saying pay all your education loan amount except 48k. But i paid all except 60K.

Answer 1





I would suggest that Write or e-mail to the head office of the branch or you can file a online complain as which most of the bank provides and Further if the problem is not being solved then the procedure can be followed as below:- Write or e-mail to nodal officer at controlling office and head office of the bank Write or e-mail to Director of Public Grievances, Govt of India, Cabinet Secretariat, Sansad Marg, New Delhi-110001 Complaint in appropriate form (along with copies of earlier correspondence with concerned bank) to Banking Ombudsman (Located at state capitals under RBI Ombudsman Scheme) District Consumer Forum (under Consumer Protection Act, 1985) complain in an appropriate form. Now effective approach would be knocking the doors of the State consumer forum claiming there has been the deficiency in service since bank failed to file subsidy claim in the given time and not returning the whole amount. So here you will be entitled to recover your amount with the compensation as the court may think fit. The legal procedure would be filling complain under the Section 17 of consumer protection Act, 1986. since the amount is more than 20 lakh then it can be filed under State consumer forum and by following the format given under Civil procedure Code complaint can be filed by you as well. However, if the false statement is made by the bank then criminal can be filed against the bank and the bank can be made liable under section 422 of the Indian Penal Code.



Jayant Garg

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.