This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
Rudra Someshwar Rao
in Civil Law Property Law Family Law
Asked November 06, 2017

Division of property between family members

  • 1 Answer

Dear Sir, Sub: Property Issue with my two younger brothers. With reference to the above, I require some legal opinion. I am the elder Son and I have two younger brothers and one younger sister we all are unmarried and we four member are staying in one house, the house is in my name, and my father was expired in 1997 and my mother was expired in 2010, now last one year onward my two younger brother want to divided the property and they met all our relatives and they are pressuring on me, the property details is given below. 1) Constructed House in 100Sq.yrds this is in my name and the land was gifted by my father before his death, and this was constructed with my own money with my savings and chit amount - In this property my younger brother will get share. 2) One House is in my fathers name, the area is 60sq.yrds. 3) One Open Plot of 200sq.yrds in my father's name 4) One Open Plot of 120sq.yrds in my mother's name. I have told my brother and our sangam society people that the property will be divided after my younger sister marriage, but they are not listing to me and they are pressuring me. Please advice how can we divide the above property for our four members.

Answer 1

Except the property gifted in your name, your brother's and sister's have a share in all other properties. Please a arrange a Family Panchayat consisting of elders of your family and well wishers of your family. Usually some amount will be kept apart for celebration of marriage of your younger sister. Remaining properties and valuables will be divided equally. Reduce the proceedings of panchayat and get it register the Parition Deed in Local Sub Registrar Office. If any of your brother is not willing to participate in the panchayat then ask him to approach the Civil Court to get his share.

Draft petitions will be prepared by me on payment of professional nominal fees, you may approach managament of this website for further details.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.