Bhagyashri Bhujbal
Asked April 22, 2017

Divorce Petition

  • 1 Answer

My husband filed a divorce case but , I do not want to divorce him. I intend to file a complaint under the DV Ac, what is the process ?

Answer 1

To file a complaint under the Domestic Violence Act, 2005 you must be sure that you have evidence to prove that there were incidents of domestic violence. Collect evidences and ensure you have witnesses to support your claim. You can file a complaint to the Protection Officer under Section 4 of the Act. The Protection Officer is expected to present the matter to the Magistrate and is also reponsible to provide legal aid to you and a safe shelter home if you require as mandated under Section 9 of the Act. Your complaint may not have any effect on the Divorce Proceeding initiated by your husband if he can justify the ground for divorce before the Court where he has filed the petition.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.