This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
Abhishek Jayswal
in Civil Law Trade Law
Asked September 25, 2017

Documents required in tea business

  • 1 Answer

I want to start a Tea packing and selling Business. I will purchase the Raw tea from Assam or Darjeeling and get packaged in Bihar Muzzafarpur and sell It in Retails starting I am starting the purchase value of Tea Rs. 2-3 Lakh.... I want to know what types of document do I have need?

Answer 1

Trade license is mandatory in law. You need a trade license to start any type of new business in India. Government agencies can fine or close a business operating without the required business licenses. Thus, for every legal business or service activity, one needs to obtain trade license.

You can obtain a Certificate of Origin in respect of Darjeeling Tea, which has been designated as Geographical Indication under the Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection) Act 1999, shall make an application in duplicate to the Licensing Authority in Form C.

Moreover,  Food license / FSSAI (The Food Safety & Standards Act, 2006) license is mandatory for all food business. Only small retailer, hawker on wheel vendor or a temporary stall holder with permission of the appropriate authority, or small scale or cottage or such other industries relating to food cooking business operator are exempt from obtaining food License or FSSAI Registration. The retail premises should be licensed from the food authority and you need to follow the conditions of the license

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago
  • Default avatar
    Rishav Saboo
    What about haccp certification and iso registration are they not necessary
    Agree 0 Agrees about 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.