Asked April 17, 2017

Drink and Drive - Criminal Offence

  • 0 Answers

Hello, I was booked for drink and drive in Bangalore and the traffic police asked me 4000 rupees. I gave them the money and got my bike back. In June 2017, I get a show cause notice from my RTO in Pondicherry stating that Bangalore police had requested the RTO to take action against me under section 185 of motor vehicles act. The RTO closed the case by suspending my driving license for 3 months after I explained my situation to them. Now my question is, is this recorded as a criminal offence. Would this reflect in CRB checks? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Regards

Answers 0

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.