This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
Sharlene V
in Family Law
Asked July 12, 2017

Duration for a divorce case to be solved

  • 5 Answers

I have filed a divorce case on ground of impotency. How long will it take to get the divorce? I have filed it in December ..till now even the counseling is not over.

Answers 5


It's Long Procedure if it is not a Mutual Divorce.

Secondly you didnt clear about your Gender in the Query, that informationneeded to answer your quesstion in Approx Time Limit.

Thirdly, be Clear about you Location.


Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

There is no specific time frame in the court. After three Counseling sessions the report will be sent to concerned Court. The matter will initiate thereafter. The Respondent will then file his Written Statement. Even if you have filed a Petition on the basis of impotancy the evidence needs to be recorded and after that arguments will be done. Once the matter is argued the court will pass judgement and Decree. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Dear client once councelling over then it will take six months atleast. For any legal help call me


Adv prasad patil





Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago




Dear Sir/mam,

No competent advocate can assure you the time period in a case because there are certain things which are not in the the hands of your advocate for eg. The unnecessary seeking time from court, counselings, police report. Rest other procedure can be speeded by your advocate by presenting an application of “Urgent Hearing” but that should also reflect the urgency and exemplary importance of the circumstances (in order to be maintainable in court). At times the court itself is very busy with dates of the previously registered matters therefore, the next date in your matter can be pushed to next month or next to next month.

However, if you want a rough estimate of time, then it is somewhere around 10 month to 1.5 years on an average.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Though , there is no provision in  Crpc, for completion of Trial in Divorce Case which is contested.

  • You may well ask Court to expedite the hearing, if other side deliberately failed to attend the court proceedings and fix a date for exparte hearing.

    Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

    Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

    Directory ads
    Need to talk to a lawyer?

    Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.