This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
in Criminal Law Family Law
Asked July 18, 2017

Exploitation by husband

  • 1 Answer

I got legally married to a boy not socially but my parents knows about this relationship. Since two years he is violating me physically and he tortures me mentally. What should I do? I want to punish him through laws and procedures and want to expose him what should I do? Please help me out!

Answer 1

You can put various charges against him. There is a special legislation The Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005 dedicated to protect women from various types of abuse. As per S. 3 of the Act, 'verbal and emotional abuse' includes insults, ridicule, humiliation and name callingProhibition or restriction to continued access to the shared household is included within the meaning of 'economic abuse'. You can file a complaint against him under this section. Moreover you can also charge him under section 498A IPC which deals with domestic violence too and inflicts criminal liability.




Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.