This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
Parmatma Vishwakarma
in Criminal Law Procedural Law
Asked August 20, 2017

False accusation of restraining wife

  • 1 Answer

My name is parmatma. my wife has run away from my home and is hiding eith her parents in their home. Now here parents are threatening me with legal action if their daughter is not found. What can I do save myself from this situation?

Answer 1

You should first file a complaint a before the police reporting that your wife is missing. Let the Police initiate their investigation and you must cooperate with the Police in the investigation. In case your wife is discovered at her parent's place, her family will not be able to do anything. In such a situation if your wife refuses to leave her parent's place, you can file for restitution of conjugal rights. 

If her parents have initiated legal action against you, you need to cooperate with the Police and in a case you apprehend a possible arrest, you can file for an anticipatory bail under Section  438 of the Code of Criminal Procedure. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.