This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
in Consumer Law
Asked June 10, 2021

Faulty goods

  • 1 Answer

A seller delivered faulty goods. What should I do? In which Consumer Court should I file a complaint? 

Answer 1

You can file a complaint at a Consumer Commission. This can be filed either offline (in writing) or online ( The complaint can also be sent through post. It can be filed by yourself or through an agent. A total of three copies will be required as one will be forwarded to the respondent, while one will be retained for official purposes with the other being for yourself. If there are more respondents, more copies will be required. With regard to where to file the complaint, The Consumer Protection Act, 2019 has mentioned the pecuniary jurisdiction of the Consumer Commissions at the district, state and national level. There is a threshold that is mentioned depending on the value of goods or services paid as consideration in the concerned matter. Based on this, you'll have to file a complaint. In cases where the consideration is less than Rs. 1 crore, District Consumer Commissions will have jurisdiction (Section 34). For cases where the same ranges from Rs. 1 crore to Rs. 10 crore, it is the State Commissions with the jurisdiction (Section 47). For cases where the consideration involved is more than Rs. 10 crore, such cases can be taken up only by the National Consumer Commission (Section 58).

Agree Comment 0 Agrees 9 days ago
Consult Now

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.