Avishek Singh
Asked March 06, 2017

Fraud by Consultancy Firm

  • 1 Answer

How can i file a case against consultancy agency that takes money upfront and gives you a reciept for joining letter a kind of offer letter but while I am trying to make follow up thier dont recieve my call nor intimediate with any such means. What and how can i file a case against this situation nd under what Act of law does it fall.?

Answer 1

You can file a criminal case under S. 415 and S. 420 of Indian Penal Code for cheating, dishonesty and fraud. You can also file a consumer complaint to the Consumer forum for "Unfair trade practice" and "deficiency of service".  

Researcher: Sammanika Rawat

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.