Asked October 29, 2016

Given work other than expertise

  • 1 Answer

If was hired by Govt. as IT engineer ( b tech computers ) and preformed extremely well in my domain, developed application for automation and been awarded for my work . But for  I have been regularly harrassed to take odd jobs and recently they pushed me to take charge of legal work pertaining to SARFAESI ( as this financial institution ) and court cases for which neither I was qualified nor had any training. Also there were many cases CVC and internal inquiry from A legal, person stationed at same place. But I was harrased so much that my IT operation work on software application started to get delayed and caused me so much of mental pressure that I was diagnosed with adjustment disorder. Eventually, I involuntary resigned but send 8 page letter with sequence of events which forced me to take such drastic step. Raised issue at the Minister level but no action has been taken in last 15 days. What do you suggest, I should do now ?

Answer 1

Sir, to obtain a simple relief from the court you must first analyse your contract of employment which would be governed by the Indian Contract Act 1872. You must see if the employing party was within its right mentioned in the contract to push you into jobs that weren’t part of your agreement. If it wasn’t within their right, you can claim defence under breach of contract and claim damages and compensation for the trauma caused to you and for the delay caused in your work.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.