This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
in Civil Law Criminal Law Procedural Law
Asked June 25, 2017

Harassment by daughter-in-law

  • 2 Answers

Dear sir/madam, This is regarding torture my sister in law is giving to my family. My father is retire and my mom is housewife they have only 2 childrens i.e me and my brother. My brother got married last year and he has a baby boy of 8 months old. My sister in law is giving mental torture to my brother and preturising him to stay seprately leaving his parents and she is giving mental tortures to my parents too. She lied that my father disrespected her and she makes big issues of small thing. We have been tolerating all this nonsense but today she crossed all the limits she fought alot she called her family and fought with us and she abused my brother (her husband) she abused me without reason and she even threatened us by saying that my dad will see u all and her dad has contacts with some goons and she and her mother even threatened us by saying that they will file complaint against us. Please guide me what should we do?

Answers 2

As per Section 503 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860 if a person threatens another with injury to their person, his reputation or his property, or to the person or reputation of any one in whom he is interested, with intent to cause alarm to that person, forcing them to do something which they are not legally bound to do, using threats, commits criminal intimidation.

This is a non-cognizable offence, therefore the accused cannot be arrested without a warrant. This offence is also bailable.

You can file a criminal complaint before the competent court, under Section 190 of the Criminal Procedure Code, 1973, (“CrPC”) or you can file a complaint in the police station, and as per the CrPC, the police station is required to record an abstract of such complaint, however the complaint will still need to be filed before the court.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Lodge a complaint in  police station, aagainst this abusive women  who is endangering your life under relevant provision  under IPC to take proper action.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.