This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
Tushar Waghmare
in Civil Law
Asked May 11, 2017

House about to be demolished

  • 2 Answers

We built our small house 1+1 2-3 months before. Everything was fine but then our local mayor who has "power of attorney "of our land is looking to demolish our residence . What shoud we do ? The structure isn't illegal . 

Answers 2

Approach Civil Court with all documents for ex parte temporary injuunction order. 

Immediately cancel Power of Attorner if it is still in force.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 4 years ago

Sir, the Power of Attorney Act provides that a POA can only perform acts that are authorised

to him. The act of demolition is clearly ultra-virus of the terms of granting POA and is liable

to be struck down. You can file a suit for cancellation of POA under the above mentioned Act

and also plead for a consequential relief of permanent injunction as per the Specific Relief

Act to obtain an order of cancellation of demolition.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.