If on date of accident the license was expired what is the effect on case
One year ago my father met with an accident and got injured but on the day accident happened his lisence date expired. So, in accident case how we can win?
Better Advice can be given you only going through your Legal Papers, as there are many possibilities.
The facts given are not sufficient to give you proper legal advice.
It is Always Better if you are clear about your Location while putting the Query.
For further discussion & information about your case with an advocate you can consult on
Nine Two Seven Eight Four Five Seven Eight Two Two/Nine One Three Six One nine seven Nine Nine Two
92784 57822/91361 97992
email : email@example.com
1. Normally the date expires at midnight of the day. So the date & time of the accident is very material.
2. If it is assume licence is expired on the date of accident then perhaps Insurance Company of your Vehicle may take an objection for breach of contract which will be very technical objection and is required to be handled skillfully.
3. Even if licence is expired on the date of accident it automatically does not proove negligence & rashness of the driver.
4. You can also take defence of contributory negligence..
5. For renewal of licence please see the Rule under Motor Vehicles Act and procedure of renewal. Grase period for renewal is alwaysthere.
According to the Motor Vehicles Act, a licence remains valid for a period of one month after the date of expiry, subsequent to which renewal becomes essential. In Ishwar Chandra v. Oriental Insurance Corporation, the Supreme Court held that a person cannot be said to be delicensed and the same shall remain valid for a period of thirty days after its expiry.
Hence, since your father's license expired only on the date of the accident, the licence cannot be held invalid and it should not affect the case.
Why not create one now for free in under 10 minutes!