This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
in Contracts Law Property Law Housing Law Civil Law
Asked January 15, 2018

Interference by the society

  • 1 Answer

Hi, After redevelopment of our old building,I have received possession of my new shop from the builder in 2017. Maharashtra. The shop is duly registered under the Shop and Establishment Act. The society now is asking for the below, 1.I have let out my shop on rent with nature of business being a Hair Saloon. The society now objects to this nature of business. Is the society allowed to object to a legitimate business. 2 I am being asked to submit water meter permission issued to me by BMC and fire safety compliance report. Am I responsible for this or should the builder handover these documents to the Society when he transferred management to the Society in 2017? Is the society allowed to force me to get a new water meter connection from BMC when the society is charging me maintenance charges for my shop 50% more than the Flat owners in the society? Thank you in advance.

Answer 1

Point No. 1 : No


Point No.2 : No, society does not have rights to demand such documents. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.