This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
Ravuri Rama Brahmanandam
in Contracts Law
Asked July 22, 2017

Irregular act of the Secretary of Housing Society

  • 1 Answer

ours is a cooperative house building society, Hyderabad. It has a layout approved by HUDA. A plot of about 1600 ft. was left vacant for school purpose. Recently, our secretary with / without permission of MC sold it to outsiders with a condition to construct building for school. Is it legal to sell it to outsiders? If so, is it criminal affence or affence?

Answer 1

Please examine the Memorandum of Association of your Housing Society. The MoA wil clearly identify the power and responsibility of the Secretary and if he has acted beyond his capacity, then you can penalize him under the provision of the MoU itself. Meanwhile based on the MoU, you can approach the Court to seek stay on the sale and challenge the sale completly. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.