This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
Kundan Kumar
in Administrative Law
Asked August 13, 2017

Issuance of Caste Certificate in Meghalaya

  • 1 Answer

Hello sir, My name is kundan kumar s/o shri lakhan prasad gupta. i am permanent resident of Meghalaya. My problem is that i am facing problem in obtaining my scheduled caste certificate, because my guardian were illiterate and they dont have SC certificate, my Sub caste is " Bania" which comes under Scheduled caste list of Meghalaya. is there any possible way which will help me in getting my caste certificate.

Answer 1

You can get an Application form for Scheduled Tribe/ Scheduled Caste Certificate from the District Commissioner’s Office. Form can also be downloaded from the district web site  or from this link

Attested copies of the following documents are to be submitted along with the application form duly filled in:-

  • Two Passport Size Photographs
  • Birth Certificate/SSLC Admit Card
  • Any one of Residential Proof (EPIC/ Ration Card/patta/Electricity Bill/ Telephone Bills)
  • Parent’s SC/ST Certificate- which your parents/guardians lack
  • If adopted, Adoption Documents (Court Order/ Registered Adoption Deed)

However, in this case your parents/guardians lack an SC/ST certificate. Thus, you are advised to visit the revenue department’s office and get hold of details of land that your father/mother/guardian(s) may own. This will help in proving that your father/guardian is an SC as revenue department usually allot specific land designated by the government to SC/ST or approve transfer of land belonging to SCs/STs amongst members of the same community . You can also ask them about possible remedial steps to obtain an SC/ST certificate for your father and yourself.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.