This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
Sankha Subhra Supakar
Asked December 18, 2016

Land dispute

  • 1 Answer

Respected sir/madam...I am a student of class 12 science and belonging from a lower class family . I live in a village called jojodih of purulia dist . many years ago my grandfather bought some land from a relative and he also paid full amount of the land and the relative signed in a type document ,,after some days the relative died and now his sons don't register the land in our name..his sons said that their father had not taken the money . we have also added a case on court on this matter many years ago but the case is still continuing ,,so I request you please help us.

Answer 1

Dear Sir/madam,

If we go as per the facts mentioned in the query, there was a written testament of the relative that was duly signed by him and your grandfather, probably mentioning in it, the particulars of the land and the money consideration received in return of selling the said land to your grandfather. If such a statement was undertaken by the relative during his lifetime then it makes no difference on the legal claim over the land whether his sons take note of the fact or not. If they don’t register the land in your father’s name then they are at fault, not you. For this kind of a situation, you can file a civil suit (which you already have) and produce this particular piece of evidence in front of the court. Also, there might be some other documents in your possession mentioning you as the owner of the land including Registration etc. You might also be paying taxes on the said land, documents proving the same will also be helpful.

If the above doesn’t seem to be a probable outcome and you don’t contain the said documents in your name plus the sale deed is also not registered then also you can file a Civil Suit for Recovery.

Incase you are facing any difficulty pursuing the above advice or want any help in filing the case. Please follow the link below

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.