This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
in Land Law
Asked December 22, 2017

land encroachment by dalits

  • 1 Answer

My mother had purchased a plot in of the rural areas of Bihar. Now after 20 years of the purchase some dalits have encroached a part of it and claim that it is their ancestral property. We tried several ways by going to the police and producing the original documents but things are not getting any better. Since Bihar has its own state laws for Dalits so any kind of stringent actions from our side can create big issues for our family staying there. Kindly let me know what can be done from the legal aspect and how useful can it be?

Answer 1

1. In all most States laws are in favor of Dalits

2. You may get it surveyed and then file suit for declaration and p;ossession of encroached area.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.