This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
Saurabh Sharma
in Consumer Law
Asked July 08, 2017

Legal Notice for Consumer Dispute

  • 1 Answer

redmi phone company changed my motherboard 1 day before my phone warranty expires (21-jUN-2017) & after 1 day of warranty expires it again faulty on 23-jun-2017. Can i file a consumer case against faulty product.or defect in service???? because now company ask 8000 thousand rupees for repairing because now it is out of warranty. Company changed my motherboard in Headphone struck problem but now problem is Camera not open but reason of both is same (motherboard faulty). What can i do now? Please provide the format of legal notice in this case because right now i am a student and not able to pay hire a lawyer, so i want to tackle this case myself. Please provide suggestions or legal notice format in this issue.

Answer 1

As per the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 – any consumer can file a complaint to the District Forum, State Commission or the National Commission (depending upon the pecuniary limit) without engaging any lawyer. In your case, as the amount is below 20 Lakhs the District Forum has the jurisdiction. (a complaint can also be filed online – check here)

Before filing a complaint in the forum it is desired that a notice is given to the opposite party about the deficiency in their service or the default in the product. There is no particular format of this Notice. In short, it is informing the opposite party about your grievances, how you expect them to resolve it for you and about your intentions to file a consumer complaint if your grievance is not redressed.

This notice can be sent via email or registered AD post. It can start with why you are unsatisfied with their product or service (your grievance), what you want from them or how you wish your grievance to be resolved- this could be either asking for a replacement of the product or returning the value of the purchase or providing free service etc. and about your intentions to approach the consumer court if your problem is not resolved within a reasonable number of days (15- 30 days).

Sources –

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.