Sivaram Koyya
Asked March 16, 2017

Lost divorce papers

  • 5 Answers

I lost My mother's devorce papers how can i get it again?

Answers 5

Dear Querist,

If you have the case details like case No. or the date of order passed in the matter, you can approach the Record Department (if the matter is over and the order has been passed) and ask for a certified copy of whatever document you need related to your mother's case for which you have to make an application and pay the necessary fees for procuring the copies. If the matter is still pending you have to approach the concerned court in a similar way.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago



You can apply for certified copy of the same to the court which had granted the divorce. 


Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

just you can go to the court where the divorce case was filed, verfiy the court register of the relevant year when it was filed, you will get the judgment or order date when the divorce decree was passed, you have to file application along with the prescribed fees which is minimum and they will issue the certified copy of the divorce decree or you can also get the certfified copy of all papers if needed by filing application and paying the prescribed fees, you can take assistence of advocate also.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago


you will have to apply for certified copy in the concerned court


Nidhi T Raj Adv Delhi high court


m no 9873688741

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

You will have to visit the COurt which granted the divorce and gain information abbout the Case number and then issue a copy of the order from the Court upon the payment of due fees.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.