This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
in Property Law Civil Law
Asked May 31, 2017

Maintenance of society

  • 1 Answer

I have got a flat in a gated community which is locked for the last 3 yrs i.e. never occupied after possesion. The RWA is asking me to pay full maintenance but I am paying 50 percent because I feel I am not using the other services besides they have merged the club maintenance with the normal. I feel I will pay for security common area cleaning,common area power consumption. and for gardening since I am not using water,garbage disposal, sweage etc 

Answer 1




Dear Sir/madam,

As per the general rule, the society maintenance works in a straight jacket formula i.e. all the members of the association enter into a mutual arrangement to pay a certain compulsary amount. This amount gets used for the welfare and maintenance of the community. Whether one stays there or not, you might have signed an agreement by giving your assent at the time of registration of the society or becoming a member of the arrangement. Go through that agreement once, to check for the terms and conditions if any that might stop you from backing out from paying the amount in full.

Paying half of the agreed amount or 1/3rd etc. – things like these don’t work. Either you pay the whole agreed amount or you don’t by taking an exit from being a member of the society.


Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.