This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
in Criminal Law
Asked June 08, 2017

Money returned in cash denied later

  • 2 Answers

I returned some money to my father by cash and partly by cheque but now he is denying this fact. He has filed an FIR. Please advise.

Answers 2

you have retured the money by cheque so there is bank transaction  and thats the proof that you have returned the money. fo rthe cash payment , do you have any receipt or any other document that suggest the same or have you withdrawn that amount from bank in csh to return to your father as that can also be a proof . for further clariffication you can contact me further

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

 Does your father have evidence of him giving you cash? Do you have any messages or any other evidence to suggest the way you were going to pay him? For the repayment you made by cheque, you can use the bank encashment records (basically, your bank statement) to prove that you repaid. Ultimately, this will depend on the evidence you might have otherwise, and the evidence your father has.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.