This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
in Criminal Law
Asked June 21, 2017

Money taken for job but not returned

  • 1 Answer

Hello, I had given 1.5 lakhs to a govt registered company for job placement. He's not able to provide the job so I asked for the money back but he's wasting time and not returning the money. I have transaction records for 30,000 and a note written by him stating he took remaining money from me. What legal action can I take to recover the amount

Answer 1

You can file a case of Cheating against them. Make sure you have enough evidence to prove your case. Section 415, 420 of IPC will cover your case as you have been defrauded by them. 

Section 420 in The Indian Penal Code

420. Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property.—Whoever cheats and thereby dishonestly induces the person de­ceived to deliver any property to any person, or to make, alter or destroy the whole or any part of a valuable security, or anything which is signed or sealed, and which is capable of being converted into a valuable security, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to seven years, and shall also be liable to fine.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.