Shilpi Chowdhuri
Asked March 06, 2017

Motor Vehicles accident Case

  • 1 Answer

1. whether FIR is required for claim case under MV Act..2. under which section of M.V.Act Tribunla can call police Report from Police

Answer 1

It will depends on the facts of the case.

Under Section 202 of the MV Act, a Police Officer in uniform may arrest without warrant any person who in his presence commits the following:

  • dangerous driving
  • drunken driving
  • taking vehicle without authority
  • Under the IPC, if the victim dies a case will be filed under section 304A of the IPC if the victim’s death has been caused by rash and negligent driving.


    Under Section 168 of the MVA, the Claims Tribunal has all the powers of a Civil Court for the purpose of taking evidence on oath and of enforcing the attendance of witnesses and of compelling the discovery and production of documents and material objects. 

    Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

    Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

    Directory ads
    Need to talk to a lawyer?

    Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.