Yuvaraj S
Asked March 27, 2017

Motor Vehicles accident Case

  • 1 Answer

I met an accident(bike) on 8th jan, 2017 near sholinganallur, omr, chennai. it's a minor accident we(myself and victim) both got minor scratches.. he filed a FIR against me and the court hearing will be on 4th april, 2017. now he sent me a notice of compensation of Rs.600000. I'm sure that he's not injured heavily. but he claimed like his legs are fractured. My insurance doesn't cover third party. now, what should i do? do i need to pay him Rs.6L?

Answer 1

In the case of the accident as if your Insurance doesn't cover the third party then you might have to pay high compensation than the normal one because of Section 146 of the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988 make mandatory insurance against the third party. Now, according to you if it was the minor accident and he is claiming too much then I would suggest that let him file the case as the burden of proof will be on him that to prove fracture is caused during that accident.Therefore, you will be having the option of cross-examination under Section 137 of the Indian Evidence Act, 1872 and it can be proved that fracture was not caused by that accident.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.