Name change reason
My name is Sai. I want to change my name to Nirup Nanda. I don't want God's name in my name. Is it a convincible reason for name change in India.
As you must be aware that you need to follow 3 legal steps before changing your name:
I, Sri ___________________ (old name) have changed my name from __________________ (old name) to ______________ (new name) by affidavit sworn before the Notary Public, ______________ (place) on ___________ (date). Henceforth, I shall be known as _________________ (New Name) for all purposes. ______________ (Name) and _______________ (Complete postal address).
- Letter to the Secretary, requesting him to allow you to change your name.
- The “Deed Changing Surname Form”
- 2 True copies of the newspapers in which your name change statement is published.
- Attested copy of the Name Change Affidavit.
- A print out of the statement in plain paper that you need to publish in your official Gazette. (Generally Same as your Newspaper Statement)
- A Copy of your current identity like your Voter Identity Card, PAN Card, Birth Certificate, School or College Certificates and etc.
Change of name can be for any reasons be it personal preference or marriage or religious. But be sure to put forward the same in the affidavit in a convincing manner.
Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.