This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
Harry Singh
in Civil Law
Asked August 23, 2017

Need repairs for upper floor leakage

  • 1 Answer

There is upper floor leakage, we are ready to take care of expenses & still they not ready to get it fix. Please suggest needful steps.

Answer 1




Dear Sir/madam,

Such kind of situations are resolved mostly, by amicable settlement between the neighbours. 2ndly, you can approach the chairman of the building (if it is a private sociiety kind of a setup). 3rdly, if it is a government building then one needs to approach the municipal corporation of his/her specific area. 4thly, if the apartment is being allotted to you by your respective department (in which you work in currently) then it comes out to be the responsibility of the said department.

All the above stated authorities can be approached by writing your concern over a formal application and taking a receiving on the second copy of the same application.

Further, a case for public nuisance can be levelled against the person, if he/she resists to take any action (even when you are willing to pay for the repairs). It is an offence under the Indian Penal Code – as per Section 268[1]. Also, an F.I.R. application can be presented for the same act in the nearest police station of your concerned area.


[1] A person is guilty of a public nuisance who does any act or is guilty of an illegal omission which causes any common injury, danger or annoyance to the public or to the people in general who dwell or occupy property in the vicinity, or which must necessarily cause injury, obstruction, danger or annoyance to persons who may have occasion to use any public right. A common nuisance is not excused on the ground that it causes some convenience or advantage.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.