This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
Sumaiya S
Asked March 16, 2019

New question

  • 1 Answer

My grandfather has 6 sons and 1 daughter. He had land property in a village in mayiladuthurai. 1st son settled in mayiladuthurai has transferred all my grandfather property to his name. Now he is also dead and the property automatically got transferred to his wife and 4 children. We don't have any proof that the property belongs to my grandfather. If I take EC and patta it all shows my uncle and his family names. What documents should I get from the government to prove the land was taken from my grandfather. Will mother document serves as proof? I have the survey numbers. Kindly guide me. I hired a lawyer, he ate my money and said he is not able to take documents. Without any knowledge I took all required docs from online. He misguided us and wasted 3 months of our time.

Answer 1

Dear Sir,

In property matters you must have grandfathers documents some where without which how you can say it is his property. You may approach the Sub Registrar office and Revenue offices. Then file a suit for partition. You will succeed.

 Rate me Five Star *

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 2 years ago
  • Default avatar
    Sumaiya S
    Thanks so much sir. I will visit SRO nearby property
    Agree 0 Agrees almost 2 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.