This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
Asked August 02, 2019

New question

  • 1 Answer

I got engaged with a girl in June,2019 at my residence at my own expense in arranged marriage which was decided after the 1st meeting itself via girl family travelled from Varasani for the function and stayed at a hotel...During the function day, one of my friend decided to do the make up for the bride as a gift from her, however the bride did not like the make up and insulted my friend... issues started from here, I asked my fiance that why did she insult my childhood friend....on 10th June this issue happened and my fiance's mother insulted me over the phone saying that I am mental torchering her... aftr this we stopped talking and then we met in Delhi(recently got posted) for the last time as she lives in Delhi with her after calling off the engagement they have filed a case against me in police....and asking for a compensation of 7 lakhs.... what shall I do?

Answer 1

You should have to balance the relation. There is fault on your part in handling the issue. Does your friend was an expert and orifessiinal makeup artist? If not then how he got the right to carry the makeup and instead of understanding the sentiments of girl and her family why you have asked her such silly question as to why she has insulted him. You should have to ignore such silly incidents instead of making an issue which resulted into an end of relationship. It is good fortune of girl. If the girl's parents are able to prove that they gave spent seven lac then you shall be liable to compensate her. Laws are in favour of girls  riso getd from this issue instead of committing another mistake by contesting the case. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 1 year ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.