This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
Manish Puri
Asked October 09, 2019

New question

  • 1 Answer

My grandfather sell agriculture land in 1958,by a registered document to other.the land was awaited by state govt.without giving any compensation.then we file a case against state govt and we won after 45years.Those person whom grandfather sell the land not party in court and never kabja on the land.After a long time he comes and kabja taken by force and corruption.What we do.we never challenge those registry at any ground..plzZ suggest me.Thanks

Answer 1

It is surprising that the state govt did not challenge your application by saying you were not the owners. The person/s to whom your grandfather sold the land had full rights to the land as well as to the compensation that the court has ordered the State Govt to pay. 

The fact that the party never took possession and that you have been in occupation would, however generate the rights of 'adverse possession, if this has continued for over 12 years. As you are no longer in possession, the manner of taking re-possession of the land by the purchaser would be  relevant. Also your liability in seeking compensation for land that you did not own.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 1 year ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.