This site is under development, some of the functionalities may not work properly.
Asked October 29, 2019

New question

  • 0 Answers

Dear Sirs, I would like to seek legal advice and may require possible legal representation, if required with regards to Gratuity Dues which are payable to me by my previous Company. Below are some facts: 1. I was employed with a Multinational Bank for 12 years (recently resigned), since September 2007 in the UK and Singapore and moved to India last year in July 2018. 2. My employment contract states that I am an employee of the group and its affiliates since Sep 2007 and that continuation of my employment is preserved upon joining the India entity. 3. My employment contract also mentions that I am eligible for gratuity payment as per the provisions of the Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972. 4. During my verbal discussion with the Company HR, they mentioned that I would be receiving Gratuity payment. 5. I have resigned from the Company and I have a copy of the Resignation Acceptance Letter. Questions: 1. As part of the Full & Final Settlement which they have sent and are asking me to sign, they have not mentioned anything about Gratuity - I have already questioned them on this. 2. Having read the Payment of Gratuity Act 1972, I could not see any section which specifies about what continuation of service means - it does not mention that I must be employed with a Company registered in India. So as per the law, I am eligible for gratuity claim? If so, what would be the amount. 3. Appreciate advise on what steps I can take to ensure that I am paid the requisite dues. Appreciate assistance and help urgently. Thank You Arijit

Answers 0

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.